Wednesday, February 20, 2013

In the midst of craziness

Tuesday was a scary day for me. Waking up in the wee hours of 0200 was very eye opening. Finding my husband, Mike, in a pool of his own blood was not what I wanted to see.

I woke up at 0230, sprang out of bed because of the loud "THUD" that I heard. Walking out of my bedroom, I called out to my husband who was awake due to an uncomfortable pain. I called his name three times until I saw his body on the floor in the darkness.

I panicked only for a second. I shook him to alert him to consciousness. He sprang up like Old Glory. He didn't know where he was or who I was. I saw the black blood trickling down his face and the black pool that was on the carpet. I swiftly assisted him to the lounge part of our sectional couch. I sat him there. As I looked into his eyes, there was a blank slate. My husband was not there.

Those blue eyes that holds the key to lovers soul, he is not there. As I turn around and reach for my phone, he passes out for a second time. He slumped over like a limp noodle ,falls on the floor, landing on his head. This time I propped him up against the wall. I began to call 911. My hands start shaking. I am able to communicate with the dispatcher to get the fire department and paramedics. They notify me that they are on their way. I proceed to call my mother-in-law about the condition of her son.

I felt powerless and completely hopeless.

As the paramedics loaded my husband,  there were no thoughts in my mind. Nothing but helplessness that I felt for my husband.

I followed the ambulance very carefully and cautiously. I was concentrating on the EMT and the care that he was administering to my husband.

God is amazing how he handles these things. My husband where he fell in our apartment had a very high chance of hitting his head on our bookshelf and that would have broken his neck. My husband went home with MINOR contusions and scrapes. I feel that if the presence of God was not in my home, I fear the worst would have happened.

My point of this story is that prayer is powerful. God is mighty. He protects all things that are under his banner.

There was a Sunday school song, that the only part that I remember is that

"His banner over me is love."

God, I want to thank you for your mighty presence. While I can not see you, I know you are here. Thank You for Your love for us as human beings. Thank you for your protection. Thank You for the faithfulness of others for they have provided us with the prayers that You have heard in heaven.

All glory, honor and praise.

In Your name,

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment